Thursday, October 20, 2016

Compose Your Frame



This photo was taken at Town Square of the Guitar sculpture. You do see a guitar in the frame, but all of these pieces of metal are actually sculpted into a much larger guitar which you can't see. I wanted to focus more on a part of the sculpture which this frame is showing.

Rule of Thirds: Because of where the guitar is place in the frame it contributes to the rule of thirds. The neck of the guitar follows the top line in the rule of thirds contributing to leading your eye through the frame. My eye tends to focus on the body of the guitar and the head. The neck helps lead my eye to either one, but also where the head and the body of the guitar is also where the lines in the rule of thirds cross over each other, because of this it makes the photo more pleasing to the eye.

Law of Continuity: This photo also has the law of continuity with the lines that separate metal circles and squares from the other objects that look more familiar to us.

Vectors: With the butter knives they create somewhat of direction on where to lead my eye either to the right or the left. Never up or down, because they don't point to those directions.

Diagonal Lines: I failed at composing my photo to get diagonal lines. If maybe I took this shot from a side view I would get a couple of diagonal lines and more depth of field.

Didn't even realize I actually took another photo that actually has a few better examples of Diagonal Lines and Vectors.




No comments:

Post a Comment