Thursday, December 8, 2016

My campaign Artifact


So with my artifact I chose to do a billboard as you can see. I wanted to make the billboard look very simple yet creative. I wanted to keep the backgrounds in the photos that Skye took because it makes it more personal with the viewer if they live local to St. George. You can tell more that this is a local business with those backgrounds compared to if the backgrounds were a beach setting or something you can tell that wasn't local to the area.

I changed the width of the black outline around Scout and Cloth to match the outer rectangular shape of the billboard to fulfill the law of similarity. Personally me I think it would look a little off if it were a circle outline compared to what it is now.

Knowing people's short attention span especially when driving I thought the billboard didn't need the wording "Now introducing Men's Wear!" I thought that might have been too much, plus I think just having the guy on the billboard speaks for itself.

I blended both of the photos together with a white fade and I thought that would have been better for the viewers eye movement to easily scan the billboard, rather if the two photos kept their border then you would have had those two lines come down which would distract the eye.

I appreciate that Skye made the phone number on the website simple to remember. I feel it is a lot easier to remember the phone number if some of the numbers is replaced with a word. Also the word "scout" is written two other times on the board which one of the keys to remembering something is repetition. If the numbers were left instead of the word in the phone number then that would have been hard to remember because the numbers weren't repeated any wear else and we as humans connect letters to make a word a lot easier than connecting numbers to a group.

No comments:

Post a Comment